Friday, September 26, 2008

Business, Pleasure or Both



Over the years I've enjoyed relaxing by creating with beads. I get a picture in my head of what I would like to see, then just do it. In the beginning it was solely as a hobby, but then people started asking me to make them something and it brought in some extra cash. I had so many requests for jewelry that I decided to start a business, however I did no research or planning beforehand. BIG mistake. Never, never, never start your own business without researching and planning first. All you end up with is a lot of stress, frustrations, disappointment and bills. Nowadays there is plenty of information, tips etc on how to turn a hobby into a business. If that is what you are interested in doing then I encourage you to do some research before you take that first step. As for me, right now I don't want to lose the fun of beading while I plan so I am taking my time and still doing some research before I branch out again.

No comments: